Sunday, November 1, 2009

In-Town Retreat

Friday, some of our bee got together for an in-town retreat. It is always a blast. Unfortunately, half the pictures I took came out blurry. I'm hoping Santa is bringing me a new camera for Christmas.

I spent the day paper piecing little log cabin blocks. It was a nice break from all the machine quilting I've been doing.




Sharon was a binding machine all day long. This is one of her gorgeous quilts.


Karen was working with tiny little jewels of fabric and created a couple of wonderful pieces. Her artist's mind boggles me.

But... bending over those tables all day took a toll. When we were packing up, I caught her making good use of the residual heat from her iron!

It was a fun day and a great break for me after the past few weeks at work.

At the end of the day, I wasn't the only one pooped though. I turned around from my desk to find Shelby snoozing with one of her toys. Is that not the sweetest thing ever?

7 comments:

Darlene said...

I love, love, love your little log cabin blocks - very sweet! I especially love Little Shelbie - smoochies from Cooper! :-)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I like those paper pieced blocks--did the paper patterns come with the pattern or did you have to scan them??? I am ready to join Shelbie--it's been one of "those"days!!!
hugs, Di

Nane said...

Go Postal liked those little log cabin blocks and so do I. Never thought of using an iron that way!!!

Carrie P. said...

Love your little blocks. That looks a little dangerous what Karen was doing. Makes me nervous looking at that picture. lol

Anonymous said...

Love your project! That star in the center.... perfect! Your little pup is adorable :o)

Teresa said...

I can see you all had a great time and I do love your log cabin blocks.

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Oh that iron felt good...and no worries y'all - it had been unplugged long enough to be almost cool! It was a fun, productive day!

Love to Shelby...tell her I met George this morning!