Friday, Nane and I went on a little road trip to the Triangle. We hit Trader Joe's in Cary first (a first for me and now I REALLY wish we had one). Then we went to Plain & Simple Quilt Shop in Apex...always well worth the trip but even more fun when someone you're with has never been before. It is a dangerous place. Next, Nane mentioned a cookbook she had from this restaurant in Chapel Hill...so we HAD to go to Mama Dips. Had to, you see. Then we finished it off with a 3 - 4 mile walk around Duke Trail in Durham. (3-4 because I made a wrong turn onto the fitness trail and had to backtrack.
Friday was a GREAT day. We'll have to do that roadtrip again.
Saturday we were hoping for a break in the weather so we could go to Pilot Mountain but it teased us all day (peak of sun, pour down rain, repeat). So, we did a few chores (well, Dave got the oil changed in the truck and I went to the quilt store, so...) then we headed to the Farmer's Market for lunch, apples and a visit with the Pansy Man (this guy has the most beautiful pansy flats and hanging baskets). KB he said to tell you hey. Next we headed over to the office so I could finish packing up all the stuff for a trade show. Finally, we had our Dinner for Eight which is always so much fun. (Our church arranges those that wish to participate into groups of 8 that meet every month or so for dinner. It's a great way to get to know folks from church that you normally might only meet in passing.) We had dinner at the Kents beautiful home which was wonderful. Their neighborhood gets into Halloween something fierce. Some of the yards were amazing. They usually have 500 or so trick-or-treaters come by!
Today, my weekend came to an early stop as we had to leave for the NC League of Municipalities Show at 7:00 a.m. (That's brutal on a Sunday morning!) But it's been well worth it. The show today was great and we made lots of contacts. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as good. The good thing is it will be over at lunch and we'll be back at home tomorrow.

That thing behind me is a ground penetrating radar unit that we use to locate underground pipes and other stuff.
5 comments:
When we were newlyweds we were in a ward (church group) who did those dinner groups. We loved it and really got to know people better than we ever would have otherwise. Many are still friends after 27 years! You have been terribly busy! The good thing is, the sewing machine will always be there when you're ready to sew again! Cindy
I hadn't realized there was a Trader Joe's in Cary (I have a friend living there)....don't you just love Plain & Simple?! Sharon makes the shop seem new each time I step through the door as she is always rearranging and decorating. Thanks for the restaurant tip!
That does sound like a fun weekend. I am going to have to visit the quilt shop in Apex next time I am up that way.
You have been very busy.
We might have to try Mama Dips next time we are over that way.
Fun weekend-neat radar : )
Post a Comment