Sunday, November 8, 2009

Another Wonderful Retreat Weekend

This weekend was our annual fall quilter's retreat weekend to Montreat. The weather could not have been more perfect. Unfortunately, I ended up driving up by myself because Laura was fighting off the flu still. I don't mind driving alone; I just hated she was missing the trip.

If I could live anywhere, I'd live in these hills. Driving up I-40 makes me happy.


A few of us decided to take off a little early and head to Needle Me This in Burnsville (about a hour away). What a sweet shop!


Afterwards, we had a lovely lunch at Nu Wray Inn and then heading back down to set up for the rest of the women to show up.


I spent the weekend sitting in a rocker, sewing on binding. It was perfection. It was made even better when Laura called the Thursday night and said she would be heading up the next morning.

We had a full house and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and getting a lot done.





On Saturday, seven of us hiked to Lookout Summit. There was panting and whining but the view and the journey was well worth every step.




9 comments:

Sherrill said...

UGH, that is SO NOT FAIR to have such a gorgeous place to go on retreat!! I'm so JEALOUS! But looks like you guys had a GREAT time and even got a little exercise! WTG!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It was, quite simply, the BEST weekend!! Great photos, you captured it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fantastic fun! I thought I spotted Mrs. Goodneedle.

Nane said...

Yep too bad we couldn't have a little sewing comune up there...the guys could just "visit" from time to time.

MJMR said...

Looks like fun was had by all. Quiltkemosabe said everyone got alot done. Put my name on the waiting list for next year.

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Oh wow! Love the view!! Looks like a good time was had by all. Hate I missed it! Hopefully I can get back on for spring

Latane Barton said...

What a great weekend. I'd love to sit and sew on binding or even do some other handwork but I'll just let you girls hike all you want while I'm enjoying my quiet time.

Carrie P. said...

What a great time you all have together.
I really like the shop in Burnsville. Very nice and I thought it was nice how they wrap up your fabric.

Tipper said...

Montreat is a beautiful place-glad you had such a good time.