Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ahh...A Weekend at Home

After returning from the Great Dismal Swamp on Thursday evening, I was so happy to have a weekend at home. Friday was a day of taking care of business...running the truck over to get it inspected, taking Miss Shelby to the vet and groomer, meeting my husband and a former co-worker (now neighbor) for lunch then back to pick up a well-groomed Miss Shelby.

Here's our typical routine on grooming day: I pick her up and she is very unhappy with me for leaving her there to be tortured. (They take very good care of her actually. She just hates a bath and the whole grooming process is a miracle to me, seeing that she won't even let me brush her. She thinks it's a game of "attack the hairbrush".) So, as a consolation prize for being a good little girl, we stop by the quilt shop (I know, big sacrifice on my part) where the ladies there love on her and dote on her and she gets to run around greeting everyone. Then, we drive through Chick-fil-a where she gets a 4 piece chicken nuggets and I get a large diet lemonade.

No. She is not spoiled. She deserved every bit of it.

Then Saturday, our bee had an "in-town" retreat. We met at one member's church, set up our sewing space and sewed all day. It was wonderful. Not everyone made it this time but it was still a lot of fun. I got a baby quilt basted, pieced some blocks on my mom's Christmas present and laid out this blue and brown repro quilt that I have been working on forever. When I get the top together, I'll post pictures. It's going to be a doozie.

After church this morning, today was spent at home with Shelby, piecing another quilt, napping and working on judge certification paperwork. Then tonight we had our last Dinner for Eight dinner with this group. It was, again, wonderful. We'll be signing up for a new group soon. I'll miss getting together with this group though. We had a lot of fun and some interesting discussions.

Now, it's time to get ready for the new work week. It's going to be a short one because of the July 4th holiday but a busy one. That's a good thing...being busy.

9 comments:

Darlene said...

A fun and productive week end! Mister Cooper sends smoochies to Miss Shelby - she's a true cutie! :-)

Mama said...

Miss Shelby looks absolutely fetching!

Oscar? Not so much. Rain, rain, and lots of mud to tromp through -- and I think most of it is on Oscar! lol

Nane said...

I hate I missed you all on Saturday can't wait to see what everyone worked on. Miss Shelby looks like she recovered. I am taking care of my nephew (12) and niece (9)...they are the easy part. Also there is a 15 year old Lab who is spoiled rotten, a 2 year old Lab that doesn't realize she isn't one of the kids...a Siamese and Balinese who are just looking for every opportunity to escape and the neighbors yorkie. But coming home tonight!!!

onlymehere said...

What a fun week for you. Your dog is absolutely adorable!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

She looks MAHVOLOUS!!!

I'm sorry I wasn't better company at dinner Sat...by the time we got to the register I knew my headache was morphing into a full-blown migraine...and it did. UGH!

Teresa said...

She's a doll, and of course she is not spoiled - just well loved.

StitchinByTheLake said...

That is the cutest dog! I'm surprised she isn't prancing around when she gets out of the groomers. :) blessings, marlene

Carrie P. said...

Great weekend.
Shelby looks beautiful. I took my dogs to the groomer once and that was the last time. They were so unhappy I learned how to do it myself.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful do! Shelby looks so sweet :o)