Thursday, June 25, 2009

An Award


Ginabean gave me an award! Thanks Gina!


Now I have to tell you 7 things (which I don't think I've ever done in all the time I've been blogging....how did I do that?)


So...7 things you may not know (some of you will though because you've known me too well for way more years than I want to contemplate):


1. I could fly an airplane before I could drive a car. (I "soloed" a week after my 16th birthday and used to fly acrobatic planes with my cousin.)


2. I was a majorette in high school and caught the football field on fire at half time during homecoming. (Didn't have to call the fire department though...they were already standing by.)


3. I have a Masters of Civil Engineering degree because I didn't want to find a job when I graduated undergrad.


4. The furthest from home I've ever been is Riga, Latvia.
'
5. I once poked a Highway Patrolman in the chest for leaving me beside the road when my car wouldn't start. (He had pulled me, given me a ticket, then took off. When I got in my car and tried to start it, it wouldn't. I got out, started jumping up and down in the road screaming at him to come back. He did. I yelled at him, jabbing him in the chest with my finger...you know "ARE YOU CRAZY? DON'T YOU EVER LEAVE A GIRL ALONE ON THE ROAD LIKE THAT WITHOUT MAKING SURE HER CAR WOULD START! EVER! EVER! EVER!" He was very contrite and jumped my car. I bet he never left the scene like that again.)
'
6. I have no idea how to properly hem a skirt, pants, dress, anything...and don't want to know.
'
7. I am sitting in my hotel room at the Holiday Inn Express in Suffolk, Virginia which is the closest available non-creepy hotel room to my job site. (The wonderful B&B I stayed in the night before was full last night). If I had not found it, I probably would have slept in my truck in the parking lot at the Gates County courthouse last night. I would have been fine. My truck is comfortable and the sheriff would have kept an eye on me but it would have been hot.
'
So, there it is...proof that though I may appear normal on the outside, on the inside...I may be just a little off.
'
I'm supposed to tag folks but I can't choose. So, if you want to be tagged, go for it. I love reading the wacky things you think people don't know about you.

6 comments:

Karen Newman Fridy said...

#6...blind hem stitch...like stitching down binding. Or your local drycleaners (yeah, that works!)

ripriprip said...

I stole a car in college.
I have been hang gliding.
I hiked the Inca trail to Machu Pichu in Peru and carried my own pack. I took a wagon train across North Dakota.
Played clarinet for many years and did a concert tour in Italy.
Can hem things but don't like to.

Carrie P. said...

You yelled at a policeman!!! Funny!

Nane said...

We are all a little off when we look really close.

Most of my friends cant get past that I love to rip down mountain bike trails....and am perfectly content to go away and sit at a sewing machine all weekend too.

Darlene said...

Lots of fun things about you! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Tipper said...

You the expert quilter can't hem? I bet you could if you wanted : ) Such interesting tidbits about you I loved reading them!