
I didn't buy much fabric really. There's some flannel for a quilt back that I bought at The Red Rooster in Dublin, Ohio (40% off so I couldn't help myself) and a fat quarter of reproduction fabric for a very specific project.
There are a few little patterns, two are for pin cushions that I might actually make one day. One sits on this cool little antique clamp (you can see it sitting on top of the flannel.
One kit from Bonnie Blue Quilts. (I've been known to leave their booth minus a car payment but I'm much more in control now...really...I am.) The fabrics are beautiful and I may have to break down and start it this weekend.
That Mountain Top pattern is made of little bits of reproduction fabrics and was too hard to resist. So was that little bear. Just what I need...something else to sit around but just look at him! He's holding a bundle of wool.
That green thing is a little caddy I'm going to put in my retreat bag. Maybe it'll help me keep my table organized at retreat and I can cut down on the time spent searching for my seam ripper.
That wooden rod is a spool adjuster thing. It's nice and tall and perfect for a Featherweight. I'm betting it'll keep me from flinging the spool of thread across the room when I'm winding bobbins.
Finally, the little purple pliers were my "sales commission" from The Thimble Lady. Apparently they made big sales because folks loved my thimble I wear around my neck.
Here are some books I gathered...you know, for study purposes.
And finally, more books. We decided that since we had to drive right by Wytheville, Virginia, it would be silly not to stop at Batiks, Etc. Silly.
So, that is most of the haul from the week. Now, I've got to get to reading!
4 comments:
Get to reading, there's a lot to digest! ;)
I just love that little bear and Bonnie Blue patterns would do me in every, single time!
Lots of art quilt books....a change in direction maybe??? They are so inspirational, aren't they? The Red Rooster is a great shop. I got by there last year....wonder if I can get there this year??????? Hmmm.......
Wow ... you did good!
Fun road trip. I love your blog and I awarded you a Kreative Blogger Award. If you have time and would like to, you can visit my blog and copy and paste the award to your blog.
Post a Comment