Once again, we had a blast at mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival. It is always so fun to get out of town and hang out with friends. Oh, and the shopping and quilt show are nice too.
See these little photographs? They are about a half inch square.
All together, they make this. Is that not amazing? (Or nuts?)
Here are a few of my favorites. (See if you can catch the theme.)
I loved this next quilt because of the teeny little birds on the border.
See?
10 comments:
Wow--all of those quilts are amazing! I especially love the one with all the tiny photographs. I enjoy your blog Lisa. :)
What a show... I was, as always, blown away! Thanks for the revisit, I can never see these phenomenal quilts too many times.
Wow...the little photographs to make the larger design...how does one even do that. Hope to get to go with you all next year!
Hm, could you be a nature lover? Beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing.
Amazing-what creativity went into those quilts!
Wow, that first quilt is something else. The hand quilting on the quilt with the birds is really great too.
What beautiful quilts - thanks for sharing!
I am looking forward to the Quilt show coming to Denver. It will be here April 30 to May 2nd. I think the photo quilt gets my "nuts" vote. Loved the little birds. I will look for them.
The first one is "Under the Watchful Eye of Queen Charlotte" by Debbie Langsam of Charlotte, NC and is one of the pieces that will be in the PAQA-South exhibit ArtQuilts transitions opening at the Durham Arts Council April 17. All of those tiny photos are of historical things in and about Charlotte...very cool piece!!
I am always amazed by the talented quilt artists out there. I'm attending the NQA show here in Columbus in June. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment