Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Where Am I?

Good question. I'm here but my life seems to have turned into a game of Whack a Mole. It's all self-inflicted, of course...well, except work but that's a whole different stress. Everything seems to be happening at one time.

  • We have a quilt show coming up and I'm trying to get all the registrations in order and create quilt claim cards, judging sheets, display cards and a quilt show program.
  • Plus I need to be getting the sleeves on my own quilts for the show (not to mention the binding on one of them).

  • I'm newsletter editor for one guild and the guild newsletter had to go out this weekend.

  • For the other guild, I'm workshop chair and we've got a workshop coming up in a couple of weeks that I'm receiving checks and sending out supply lists.

  • We have a church women's retreat coming up (the same weekend as the quilt show) and I'm on the planning committee for that plus doing the "craft" which requires a lot of prep work up front. Luckily, last night one of the committee members had us all over for dinner and they helped me with the prep which was GREAT. It was fun and she fed us the most wonderful pumpkin and black bean soup. Yum.

  • I have the quilt retreat that I organize twice a year coming up and, as usual, some folks drop out and I'm calling the waiting list to fill the spots back up again.

  • And, finally, we have this mother/daughter weekend coming up that my Savannah cousin has organized. I had this wild-hair idea (which prompted the earlier mad dash to MJ's) and I'm feverously working on THAT little project. I'll share more on that later.

  • And then, there's work. You know, my day job. It's just crazy. We'll leave it at that.

Things will calm down, but in the mean time....

whack, whack, whack...

5 comments:

Nane said...

Yep I feel your pain. I have felt a little over comited lately too. I just try to remember that we are blessed to have our health. Hang in there, all these projects will be worth it!!

Tipper said...

There just isn't enough hours in the day!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You are a blessing to so many! I am so sorry to have added to your frustration with my own "did I, or did I not" dilemma. Like you needed that!!! Can I help you out with anything, anything at all?

Karen Newman Fridy said...

It does get overwhelming when it all piles up. You're right, Whack-a-Mole is a great way to describe it! I have every faith that you will get it all done though...take one thing at a time and ask for help if you need it!!

Carrie P. said...

Yes, things will slow down. I know how much you do and you are good at it. I appreciate all you do for the guilds too. Thanks.