
We really did wake to a good snow this morning. When I say "good", I mean 4 -5 inches worth, which is pretty but not enough for me to get to stay home and enjoy it from my quilt room window. These are the days I curse the two 4WD vehicles in the driveway, keeping me from pleading "snow day" so I can stay home and quilt.
We did take our time getting to the office this morning and in spite of lollygagging, we were the 2nd and 3rd folks to show up. (The first to show up was our exec admin who was raised in Montana where the weatherman doesn't even report little bits of snow like this.)

Before we left the house, we were treated with a robin invasion. There were hundreds in the back yard...most of them trying to get in this ivy covered tree. It was very difficult getting a photo of them...especially with my husband begging me to shut the door.

From my office window, Trade Street was vacant and stayed that way as most of the shops and restaurants remained closed.

However, at some point during the morning, someone wandered by and built a city snowman. Later in the day, I saw another one perched on the Cherry Street bridge over Business 40.
9 comments:
Isn't the snow beautiful. I can't believe someone would take the time to build a snowman downtown.
I LOVE the city snowman!!! We were stuck at home with no power all day....UGH!
We were due for snow, at long last! Love that downtown snowman, thanks for sharing your city view.
I also had a bird party before leaving the house, Zorro and I took about 30 minutes trying to photograph them all. There was a really bright blue/black fluffy trio that were in the holly bush eating berries. It was great with the snow as a backdrop.
Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing the city snowman. How cool that someone took the time to make the streets fun and festive.
I'm so very happy someone else has the snow and not Ohio for a change. Enjoy!
Pretty snow-we didn't get any.
Love your snow photos. We only got about an inch here in Dobson, but that awful wind here! No robins to mention either. You guys get all the fun!
LOVE the city snowman as well!
Post a Comment