It started out with a morning trip to Reynolda Village to meet my friend, Karen.

We had both seen on Life in Forsyth that Friday was the opening day of Karen Gray Designs, a new fabric and gift shop. If you love Amy Butler fabrics, this will be your idea of heaven.

But first...a pot of tea at Simply Yummy. The cranberry orange tea is, yep...simply yummy.

A little walk up the hill and we were some of Karen's first customers. We wandered and admired and, yep...bought.

Just downstairs is another new store, Simply Needlepoint.
We checked it out even though neither of us needlepoint. Karen did find some wonderful threads that she will use artfully in something. I just stood there staring at the pretty colors.
We thoroughly enjoyed our girls' morning out but then Karen had to return to the real world of a work meeting and I was on to my next adventure with LauraQuilts a.k.a. Soul Sister.
We headed down the highway to Camp Caraway for the Spring NC Quilters meeting. Cindy and Patty of Quilter's Gallery were there to teach us all kinds of cool things.
Friday night we learned tricks to mitering corners. I'm going to use my practice piece as a little quiltlet for Miss Shelby. (Of course, she thinks every quilt I make is for her napping pleasure.)
This morning we started this project with curved pieces. Yikes. Curves. Ick.

But with Cindy's instructions, it was easy. I even got most of mine pieced in class.

Here's Laura kicking some curve piecing booty.

After lunch, we had show and tell and then headed home.
Since I've been home I've been working on my crazy project. Tomorrow will be basting day. Then you can see why Laura thinks I've lost my mind.
10 comments:
FUN!!! L. looks happy... ;)
Oh, you were smart enough to photograph the wall of fiber...now I can just come back here and stare at it. Isn't it yummy?
What a fun morning! And it looks like you had a fun whole day too!! Curved piecing and all. Next time, I'm going with you (although my meetings were productive...)
Looks like you had a great day, curved piecing, any pattern that shows curves always seem to give these a miss....
What a great time you had! I'm leaving tomorrow going to our guild's quilt retreat and not coming home till Thursday. That's me doing the happy dance. blessings, marlene
Looks like a fun day and the shop looks very nice!
I will have to check out the new store! And with the rainy weather tea sounds just lovely!
Curves...no way!! But I do thing that pattern is cool looking.
Are you telling me those two stores are in Reynolda village and I have not heard about them?
Just wanted to say congrats on your win from Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens
looks like you had a great weekend!!! i love the thread in that stitchery store...and i enjoyed all the photos! thanks for sharing your weekend with us :)
Love the shops! What a fun day you had :o)
Post a Comment