Friday, March 13, 2009

Mad Dashes

Every now and then my husband and I have to do a mad dash to the Charlotte area. Last night was one of those times. He needed new jeans and the ones he loves are only found at one place...Outdoor World. I needed a lot of kona cotton for a crazy idea I had and the best prices and color choices are at Mary Jo's.

So, right after work, we picked up Shelby and took off down the road. MJs closes at 7:45 p.m. on Thursday nights so that was the first stop. A 30 minute mad dash to find everything I needed, a brief stop at McAllister's Deli for dinner and then off to Outdoor World. It is a perfectly timed trip. I have just enough time in MJ's before they close and then we have an hour to wander Outdoor World so Dave can find everything he needs. While he's doing that, Shelby and I go check out the fish.

The best part...no crowds. Evening mad dashes are our favorite times to shop. It's like having it all to ourselves. Just imagine that...Mary Jo's all to yourself. (sigh)

8 comments:

John said...

I've never heard of Mary Jo's! We drive to Charlotte a lot ... I'll have to check it out sometime!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

That sounds perfectly heavenly to me!

Carrie P. said...

OOO Mary Jo's! It has been a while since I have been there. I know you got some pretties. They let you take Shelby in the Outdoor world?

Karen Newman Fridy said...

My last trip to MJ's was a thirty minute dash too...I tell ya, you have to put the blinders on to shop there in that small amount of time! I want to go back when I have time to leisurely drool over everything! (Mrs. G are you reading this? I may need to borrow one of Mason's bibs...) ;-)

Nane said...

30 minutes in Mary Jo's is a dash even if you know what you are looking for. But I made my then 12 week old nephew hold out a few extra minutes on a road trip so we could hit the MJ parking lot. He took about 20-30 minutes to eat...so I was able to shop while my sister fed him....she still reminds me of that one.

Teresa said...

Any road trip that leads to Mary Jo's is a good road trip!! Enjoyed reading through your blog this morning and your puppy on your banner is just adorable! My husband is such a sweetie - he brings his laptop and just sits in the truck and works on his family history stuff while I stroll the aisle of MJ's.

Darlene said...

When I used to travel to a x-stitch wholesale market years ago I used to make sure to allow time to visit Mary Jo's. Yummy!

I think you and your Sweetie had a terrific evening.

Anonymous said...

You would think since I live less than two hours from MJ's that I would get there more often. My guys all love that Outdoor World too...and I watch the fish! Also, by chance did you see IKEA? They opened about a month ago.