Friday, March 13, 2009

Goodies!

I've never participated in a swap before and jumped at the chance when Stephanie set up the tea swap. It was so much fun figuring out what to make and what to do for my swap partner that I almost forgot that someone out there was doing the same for me. It's been a tough week at work so when I came home Wednesday to find a package sitting on my front porch, it was perfect timing.

Was it the shoes I FINALLY ordered from Sierra Trading?

No. MUCH better than that.

It was from Australia!

I was so excited, I forgot to take a picture of it all wrapped up together in this wonderful reproduction fabric!


I open it up and there's a note from Marc and all these wonderful gifts. Just looking through this recipe book will make your mouth water.


But wait... look at ALL this!

There's this sweet little bag.


And inside... more sweetness!


And then... look at this tea towel! You should see her stitches up close. They are PERFECT!


And then, a sweet little cozy!



And an apron! I had to try it on right then...which is when my husband walked in and wondered what in the world was going on with me.



And finally, this wonderful tote bag with a pocket inside. It's a perfect size to carry my applique.


Marc, I cannot thank you enough! Everything is SO wonderful and perfect. I love the fabrics you used and the colors are perfect. My kitchen is taupe and red, the same red you used!

I do wish we could enjoy a cuppa together as you said in your note in the recipe book. Just know how much I appreciate all your hard work and how much joy each item brings to me!

10 comments:

LauraQuilts said...

So, OK. Maybe the bag wasn't enough! Hahahahahahahahahha. Good for you for not listening to me!

Tipper said...

Wow you totally scored!!

Nane said...

And we have a perfect weekend coming for a cup of tea...cold and rainy.

Carrie P. said...

Wow, you made out like a bandit. I just love all the things that she stitched on. Great fabrics too. Enjoy!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I'll just bet you were beside yourself with excitement opening these goodies. Lovely...every single one of them. And when you click on your photos they enlarge so we CAN see the tiny perfect stitches!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Wonderful, what could be better than goodies such as these? I know you're thrilled; I would be too! Enjoy...

black bear cabin said...

Wow...looks like a fun swap...and boy did you score! :)

Karen Newman Fridy said...

How cool is that?? Everything she sent is wonderful!

Ulla said...

Lovely stitching and such nice colours!

Darlene said...

Wow, what a wonderful package filled so many fun things. It was a terrific, wasn't it?