Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Basting Fit

My quilt tops runneth over.

Therefore, I must baste.











This is what Shelby did most of the time. After Christmas with the nephews, she needed it.

I even guilted my poor husband in to helping for a few hours yesterday morning. He was a good sport. Though, he did call himself a wimp after his hand kept cramping up from closing safety pins.

Yep, quilting is not for wimps. As a matter of fact, I would consider basting 12 quilts in a day and a half an aerobic activity.

Yeah, I know there are only 11 quilts pictured. I forgot to snap a picture of one. You'll see it later when it's quilted...maybe in a couple of years.

12 comments:

Tipper said...

WOW looks like a great dilema to be in! You do have quilts running over-all beautiful!

Glad to see your Christmas was Bright and Merry!

Ann S said...

Wow! I'm in ahhh. They are beautiful, and getting your husband to help....

Anonymous said...

BOY!!! That is a lot of work! Good for you and it must feel GREAT to ahve them to this stage :o)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I feel like a slug compared to you...

Anne said...

My goodness that's alot of quilt tops! Your hubby deserves a medal for helping you out.

Carrie P. said...

Girl, you have been busy and are going to be busy.
Take that hubby of yours out for a special night on the town. He is a good guy.

Karen Newman Fridy said...

The SPEED BASTER strikes again!!!
(I'm tired just thinking about all that!)All that, and Christmas too...how do you do it?

quiltkeemosabe said...

Yes, you've been busy!!! Love all the quilts, especially that batik one!!!!! Glad you're making big progress.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Oh...my...goodness. I can't even imagine. I bought some fusible batting this week. Have you tried it? I haven't but I thought it was worth a shot. blessings, marlene

Heritage Quilter said...

What beautiful quilts. My back wouldn't have held out to get 12 done in one day. You must be in pretty good shape.

Nane said...

12 tops basted...just getting 12 to that stage is about 5 years work for me...and they are all great! Glad you got a little help. Maybe Shelby can learn to close pins with her teeth!

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

As I looked at the photos before I read the text I thought it was a show and tell from a group!
And then I read the text.
What an accomplishment - and now that they are basted before you know it they will all be quilted.
K