Saturday, December 27, 2008

Blond Headed Boys

Between the two of us, Dave and I have four nephews, my brother's two and his half-brother's two. Christmas is always a time to spend a little time with them. There's never a dull moment.

The youngest entertained us Christmas Eve by getting on his mom's new exercise machine and going like a mad man. I wish this picture could show you. His little legs and arms were doing 90 miles and hour and so was his head...side to side like a big "no" nod. I would have gotten dizzy and fallen off.


Here he is in a little calmer state next to his big brother who is at that age all little boys reach...you know, where they can't smile without making a face.


Christmas Day was spent at my parent's house. There are two little blond headed boys there in the floor amongst all that Santa fodder.


But inevitably, they end up on the pool table.


My dad gave both boys a laptop for Christmas. Once those were opened, all bets were off. Here's Uncle Dave and Ashman glued to the Internet.

All in all, it was a fun time. Usually, we all spend Christmas Eve night at my parent's house. This year, the boys spent the night with their mother and didn't get to come to their grandparent's house until noon Christmas Day. My brother also decided not to spend Christmas Eve night at my parent's house. So, it was a quiet night, just the four of us. Dad and Dave sat in the recliners and watched movies. Mom and I did a little cooking and then hopped in the car and rode around the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights. THAT was fun. I love getting my mom all to myself. Laughter always follows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are making me sentimental! Cherish the time with your mom and find more of it! I miss my mom terribly and wish I could have those "Jump in the Car" moments!