I am a lucky girl to hang out with this group of cool ladies. If you visit Mrs. Goodneedle, Nane and others, you've seen this photo already. It was taken Monday night at our guild meeting. I wasn't supposed to be there but showed up anyway (I abandoned my poor husband) so that's one reason I'm not in black t-shirt and do-rag. I am sporting a "Born to Quilt" tattoo.Thank goodness Mrs. Goodneedle had her camera and sent us all a copy of the photo because it is one of my all-time favorites.
Nane is selling the t-shirts to benefit the Women's Fund of Winston-Salem. So if you want one, drop by her blog. They are too cool to pass up.
Why Troll Sisters?
A couple of years ago our bee was at a retreat at a nearby camp. There were other people meeting in the same activity building and they would walk by every now and then. On the last morning, one woman stuck her head in the door and commended us on our work by saying "You all are SO busy! You're like little trolls sewing for God!"
We all looked at each other in confusion. Trolls? We're TROLLS? Sewing for God? Does God have sewing trolls? What do trolls have to do with sewing or God? Why not elves or angels or fairies? TROOOLLLLSSS?
Then we burst out laughing...and have been laughing ever since....
... especially when Rug Hooking Buddy broke out in song ...
"Hey, sister, soul sister, troll sister, troll sister"!
'
Y'all, I'm tellin' ya...never a dull moment.
4 comments:
LOL! Now that is funny!
Great photos of all you trolls. What was that woman thinking? You look like angels to me.
... still laughing here, too...
love ya, sister!
My hair was probably a little wild today, maybe those trolls with the fuzzy hot pink hair that sticks straight up was what she had in mind.
Post a Comment