
You either love them or hate them. No one seems to just like them. I LOVE them. Last night we went to one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants, Celtic Cafe. It was Dave's birthday. Celtic Cafe recently moved to a new location downtown so this was the first time we've been to the new digs. It was great. It has more of that Irish pub atmosphere and O'Brien has stepped up the menu now that he has a real kitchen in which to work. If you're in the neighborhood, please go check it out. It is fantastic.
Back to the brussel sprouts... I had prime rib, Irish potatoes, brussel sprouts. They were melt-in-your-mouth good. How many restaurants serve brussel sprouts? Not many to the chagrin of sprout lovers like me. I was in heaven.
Oh... and the prime rib...sigh...I may faint.
6 comments:
Sounds like a great way to celebrate a birthday. Was Bubble & Squeak on the menu too?
No bubble and squeak...just mushy peas and colcannon potatoes. I'll have to make a special request next time!
I didn't know they had moved...we will have to check them out! Not many places have really good corned beef either...and I love it there!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them too! I agree, there's no gray area on this veggie, it's either black or white. Now, I'm hungry... ;)
I love them about once a year...then I'm good for a while. I can't get anyone else around here to even taste them. Nice to know the Cafe moved...I was afraid they were gone!
I love brussel sprouts.
Post a Comment