
I made a bit of progress this weekend on my Southern Album quilt. I finally got the mitered border around the middle block done. I've never mitered a border before and was hoping to make it through my entire quilting life without mitering a border. I just knew it wouldn't be my favorite thing to do and, of course, I was right.
Now I need to decide which fabric to use for my setting triangles. What do you think? Should I use the lighter fabric on the left side of the quilt, which is the same fabric I used for my scallops in the four appliqué blocks? Or, should I use the darker fabric on the right side of the quilt?
I think I know the answer but want a second (third, fourth, fifth...) opinion.
18 comments:
I'd like to register my vote: lighter tan, left side.
Oh my goodness what a beautiful quilt! I like the lighter color better - the darker draws attention to itself rather than the blocks. blessings, marlene
Hey! Wouldn't you know it...I like the dark.
SS
First I just want to say WOW!!!! It looks great. But just to even out the votes, I'd say the dark. It just looks sharper. WOW!!!! Did I already say that???
I like the lighter. It blends in with the blocks.
I like the light too....it seems to make the work in the blocks show up better.
Wow that is just stunning....I like the darker fabric...
Wow, it is beautiful. My vote is for the darker tan. It just seems to frame teh blocks so nicely.
My first reaction was the lighter one...but the darker one gives a nice contrast between the blocks and the outer borders. If you choose the lighter one I would think about doing a little bit darker inner border. Gorgeous quilt either way!!!
Oh my gosh! My first time "blogging". First of all - that quilt is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Second of all, I like the lighter tan.
I just love all the Southern Album quilts. They are all so beautiful. I vote for the lighter brown but if you go with the lighter brown I think you might need to change the first border fabric. I love your version!!
I don't think it matters which one you use-the quilt is amazing. So intricate-you are one talented quilter!
I don't think it matters which one you use-the quilt is amazing. So intricate-you are one talented quilter!
I'm no quilter...but I like the lighter one. :)
I have a question for you before I answer. Do you want the blocks to be the focus or the border?
Then my answer is:
Blocks - go light
Borders - go dark
No matter which have you go, you will have a beautiful quilt.
Hey I just noticed the little bears on your quilt. I like them.
My first instinct was the lighter tan
Let us know what you decided!
My goodness...you have had so much go on!!! It was great to catch up!! I went through your posts and I LOVED the wedding pictures...it looked and sounded so beautiful!! I also loved seeing your finished work!!! WOW!! The quilts are wonderful and I think you did a fantastic job!!! I WOULD love to have one!! It's so special when you make something and can share it with others. You are doing just that and I think that is wonderful!! Good JOB!!! Have a great day and know I am thinking about you!!!
God Speed...
Post a Comment