
Many months ago I saw this pattern and fell in love with it...so much so that I bought all the fabric to make it. I mean, really, I'm into this hand applique thing now thanks to Hookin' Buddy.
How bad can it be to prep 540 leaves? It won't take long...

It takes about a year....because you can only prep so many little leaves before you burn all the skin off your fingers with your Clover iron and have to take a break for a few days to let the feeling come back.
But tonight, I prepped the last leaf.

And started gluing the leaves to the vines with my trusty Roxanne's glue...which Soul Sister will tell you is NOT the same thing as Elmer's glue. (She has pretty specific words for Elmer, who did her wrong one day and she's not one to forget.)

Six sashes prepped...34 to go. Then the real fun begins!
8 comments:
Love the pattern. Guess we know what you'll be doing for a little while!!!!! 540!!!! Mercy!
That's a lot of leaves, wow. Love the idea of how you organized each set, very kewl.
Ohhh My...I have had to catch up on your Blog. I have been so busy with school...it really is taking a toll on me.
I LOVED your posts and especially the pictures. The leaves look wonderful!! I wish I could do that. Some people just have a special quality to do these things. I really enjoyed reading your posts.
Oh my!!!!!!!!! Thatsalottaleaves!!!Very, very nice...
Insane....amount of work, but it will be amazing
OH MY! 540??? but it will be so beautiful when it is done!
Wowza! This is going to be one spectacular masterpiece! I'm impressed with the organization necessary to get to this stage...
Those innocent looking Clover irons can ruin a manicure in a heartbeat too!
What a brave soul you are! Are you using the starch method? Is that why your fingers are burned? I usually do needle turn and now I remember why! blessings, marlene
Post a Comment