Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom

This is one of my favorite "pre-me" photos of my mom. I don't know what was so funny but it must have been good. Well...maybe not. Sometimes it doesn't take much to start that uncontrollable fit of laughter to come spilling out of my mother. She's fun like that.

She doesn't, however, like birthdays...her own in particular. Everyone else's she has always made a great big deal. So, I'll quietly say "Happy Birthday, Mom". Then move on to something funny to make her laugh...like a strawberry margarita. That should do it.

6 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Such a pretty picture of a lovely lady, I know how much joy you bring to her life, I'm sure her birthday was special and fun.

Nane said...

I hope she reads your blog! Didn't eveyone "look" older back then than they really were. She was and I am sure still is a beatiful person...she's partly responsible for you right???

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

AW! I love pictures like that...it brings you back to the good times! ((shhh) Happy Birthday to Mom..Happy Birthday to Mom..Happy Birthday to Mom...((smile)) Thanks for sharing that...she looks beautiful in the picture!!!

Quilting Memories said...

Beautiful lady, Happy Birthday, Mom!

Tipper said...

What a neat picture!! Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

That is such a cool picture!! Hope a happy birthday was had by all