
I didn't take this picture but I past by this on my way home from the office yesterday. I live 3 miles from my office. It took 25 minutes to get home after a late meeting. Trees down, traffic signals out, it was pandemonium. I am always surprised at the inability of some drivers to comprehend that a malfunctioning traffic signal becomes a four way stop unless there are police directly traffic. Luckly, I made it home in one piece and when I got there, the house had no trees on it and the yard was fairly clear. Out neighborhood was hit pretty hard but our street was well blessed.
'
We haven't had power since 6:00 last evening though which makes life interesting. Luckily our old house and its plaster walls hold in the cool fairly well especially now that we have replacement windows (Yay Dad!) so the temperature wasn't unbearable. The restrooms in our office have showers for the energy/health nuts that ride bikes to work. I never thought I'd actually use that shower because I love my SUV and I couldn't ride a bike down a hill much less to work. But, I packed my little bag and got to take a shower this morning for which I am highly grateful.
'
BUT...if the power is off when I get home tonight...Shelby and I might just check into a hotel!
4 comments:
Glad all is ok at your home, as you know I, to, live in WS, so must check with my neighbors to see about our house, Our DD keeps an eye on things but she and her family are vacationing in Fla. Our son and DIL is at Myrtle Beach, so will have to call neighbor!Take care, Bobbin
Wow!! It's great to hear that your alright...it must be SO crappy not having electricity...it was bad last Christmas for us. (7 days)That is the only time that we had our electricity broke down.
Well, I'm glad you got backup!! I'll be praying that you get a good nights sleep!
((smile)) Kariann
Looks like a bad storm. Our electricity goes off frequently when it storms-it can make for an adventure for the kiddos.
Being that everything was going on with the baby's arrival, etc... I was oblivious. That, combined with the fact that we had little more than a stiff wind at our house (no rain!) imagine how shocked I was when a church member called me to tell me that the street in front of church was blocked because of a tree that had fallen and taken lines down too... I was caught completely off-guard: "huh, storm? what storm?" It was really isolated. TG all is well with your home!
Post a Comment