I haven't updated you on the past two weekends. We have been blessed with two whole weekends at home. My husband has spent most of that time playing golf. As a matter of fact, the week of July 4th, he got to play golf Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, all day Friday and all day Sunday. On Saturday we took the big trip to Mary Jo's for me and Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World for him. Yes...we are spoiled rotten.
It's a bonus for me when he goes to Mary Jo's with me because he'll carry all my bolts to the cutting table and stand there chatting with the ladies cutting fabric while I continue to shop. During this last trip, he caught the attention of THE Mary Jo. As he walks off with another load of fabric, she asked me "Does that man belong to you?" I hesitantly said yes, wondering what he did. She says "He just seems so happy! Most of the men that come in here have that look on their face (insert the woeful, bored look we are all familiar with)...but he just seems so happy!" I said "Why thank you!" knowing I had absolutely nothing to do with that look.
He knew if he kept his mouth shut and a smile on his face, we'd be out of there fast and on to lunch and Outdoor World. Happy...maybe. Smart...definitely.
So here are a few of the things I've done while blissfully home for the past two weekend...
This is what prompted the trip to Mary Jo's. These blocks will be a graduation quilt for the daughter of my best friend from high school. Her first day at UVA is in a month. I hope I can get it finished in time!

Here's proof that Bonnie Hunter is rubbing off on me. I took all the triangles I cut off the make the pieces above and sewed them into pairs. Not sure what I'll do next but I SWORE I wasn't going to get into this scrappy wildness Bonnie does but I found I couldn't just toss them in the trash. Maybe I'll make little wonky star blocks. Maybe I'll just give them to Bonnie and walk away with my hands over my ears. "LA LA LA LA LA!"

I finished all four of my Fortress Vines for my Southern Album Quilt. Now all I have to do is put it all together...the first step being mitering the four vines pieces around the center block. And I thought I would be able to go through my entire quilting life without ever mitering a corner. (insert a pitiful whimper here)

Now that my Southern Album is finished, I needed some hand work for a trip to Savannah in a couple of weeks. This was a kit I bought from Jan Patek. I spent this past Sunday afternoon prepping all the pieces while I watched "Fool's Gold" with Kate Hudson & Matthew McConna-however-you-spell-his-name. Cute movie.

This was a little quilt the Hookin' Buddy and I saw at one of our favorite shops, Plain & Simple Quilt Shop in Apex NC. They really didn't have a pattern so we just sort of drew the hearts. I think I'll like it better once it's been washed and the raw edges are frayed up a bit.

Finally, this is a Civil War Sampler kit I bought at Old Trinity Schoolhouse Quilt Shop in Fincastle, VA a couple of years ago. It was almost sold in the yard sale a couple of weeks ago so I took that as an omen that I better piece the quilt top. This is one quarter of it. The whole thing is queen size. I would have asked my husband to hold it up for you but he's busy sleeping through the All-Star baseball game right now.

Yes, I have been a piecing wild woman for the past two weekends. There will be a day of reckoning soon though. Eventually all these tops have to be basted. (insert psycho music here)
10 comments:
The day I ever get my DH into Mary Jo's, let alone in and HAPPY about it...lord, it will be the end of global warming because...well, there are PLACES that will freeze over, I promise!
You've been busy - again! It all looks great!!
Wow! You have definitely accomplished a lot and you have some great quilts there! Very nice.
Wow you have been busy. I haven't even done my $5 block for this month yet. I love the civil war quilt, glad you didn't sell it in the yard sale. Go Postal has been in Mary Jo's, but he probably looked more like a lost puppy.
I loved reading your post!! All the new designs and ideas you had were wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing...I especially loved the kit you bought from Jan Patek. So PRETTY!!
Have a great afternoon!!
All your projects look gorgeous!
All beautiful projects, will definitely keep you busy for a LONG while. My DH is also willing to go with me to Mary Jo's, has on several occasions, doesn't seem to mind, although looking HAPPY, I doubt that!!! LOL
Hello! I am leaving you a message here because your profile is set to no reply e-mail.
Would love to have you in the group! Treasured Threads here in the USA got the patterns in today and will be letting me know when they are up for sale and how they are going to handle it. I will let you know, but is there any way you can send me your e-mail so I am able to contact you with information? Thanks! :o)
Well, the quilting is beautiful, of course! But I am wondering about the table -- is that a spool/thread cabinet? I've seen a replica in Country Marketplace and want to get two to use as bedside tables in my bedroom. Is yours one of theirs? If so, I'd really like to ask you about it.
Come over or email me, would you?
Blessings!
Janera
I wanted to come by this morning and let you know that you really made me smile regarding your comment to me about myself....it not only made me smile but made me cry...lol.(my husband was getting ready to leave for work and he came in the living room with me wiping tears away...it was kind of funny because the first thing he said was~ "Someone wrote you something nice?" I think that boy knows me too well...lol)..you took the time out to write a very sweet comment to me and it touched me! I truly appreciate that with all of my heart. Have a wonderful day and know I'm thinking about ya! Be careful..because you might just get tagged soon!! ((SMILE)) lol
Truly,
Kariann
Busy lady! It all looks completely fantastic, I'm tired just reading about all that you're doing at the same time!
Post a Comment