After getting home from a hectic week at BU, I turned around the next day and headed to the mountains to retreat with my friends, Ann and Lee. Shelby was very happy to be getting in the car go along with me this time!
After a meeting at Montreat, Shelby and I met Ann and Lee at The Veranda in Black Mountain for lunch. They have a pet friendly deck. I love finding pet friendly places. Next we headed to the southern highlands where Up Home is located on a mountain near Cullowhee.
We sewed and relaxed and sewed some more. I taught Lee how to sew little hexagons (a la Bonnie Hunter) and she then turned her hexie flower into a pin cushion. Well, of course, I had to make one too.
Lee gave me this great owl fabric for the bottom of my pin cushion. One owl reminds me when and where we were. Sweet of him, huh?
We did venture out to do a couple errands. One involved checking out the paving progress at the Jackson County airport. (Ann's husband, Lee's father is a pilot.) They've for a bit to go on the paving...but the view...well, it's kind of like everywhere up there...breath-taking.
After lunch at Nick & Nate's, we headed back up to sew some more. See what I mean about the views?
Sunday morning we had a visitor...this gorgeous moth hung out with us for a little bit. On the ground, he looked like a poplar tree leaf. I've never seen a moth with such a fat body and I have no idea what kind he is...anybody know? NOTE: I found out he's an Imperial Moth. (gotta love google!)
Lee made this beautiful quilt - her own pattern - and we had a little photo session on the deck. Shelby became the model. I'm thinking this may become my new blog mast head. Isn't it the sweetest photo?
I really did get some sewing done! I turned this t-shirts into a quilt. Just need to fine the right border print and it'll be ready to quilt!
Sunday afternoon, we headed home, relaxed and happy...Shelby especially!
23 minutes ago
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
9 comments:
Love that photo of Shelby on the quilt!
That is a type of luna moth. Shelby is such a lucky dog to travel reclining on FMF! I vot yes for the masthead change!
Beautiful country. NC has it all... from the mountains to the beaches.
Lovely picture of Shelby on the quilt.
What a great get-away that must have been... hope it was a bit cooler there! Good friends, good food, good views, sewing, AND wildlife!
Shelby looks fab on that quilt!
All that modeling is HARD work! Glad you were able to capitalize on some time away... well done!
Soo wish I could have made it up there with you guys! Sounds/looks like you had a fab time! And of course Miss Shelby is looking gorgeous in all of her photos!
You're always having way too much fun. I don't really think you can have way too much fun, but its so interesting to see what you are up to. Thanks for sharing.
Fantastic! Love the idea of Shelby on the masthead!!
That was some weekend. Glad you had a great time and got some sewing done. The views are wonderful. And that moth, oh my!
Post a Comment