Plus the Greensboro train depot is cool. It's like stepping back in time.
As usual BU was packed full so there were actually a couple of days we never left the hotel. I didn't see one monument! But I did see a whole lot of eye candy...
like the new 7 series Berninas...SWEET!
I got to take a class Sunday afternoon on the new 780 embroidery machine. It is FABULOUS!! The new bobbin holds 80% more than a regular bobbin and that's just on of the new features.
Then there's the new Design Works...cut work (which isn't new but just goes with the package), paint work and crystal work.
I had to get the paint work. Too cool!
Then there was all the stuff in the vendors - new patterns, fabrics...all kinds of stuff. Here's Muriel and Charlie checking out the cool 3-D embroidery patterns.
Charlie, Faye and I did get to venture out Tuesday night to met Faye's daughter, Karen, for dinner at Zaytinya, a wonderful Mediterranean restaurant.
We also got to catch up with all our Bernina friends and meet new ones.
Muriel, and me with Hans Peter, fourth generation owner of Bernina.
Me and Shasta - who answers me endless questions and weekly email to the tech department.
Faye, Charlie, Muriel and me with the new president of Bernina of America, Paul Ashworth.
Me with Al, the guru tech from Nancy's Calico Patch in Newport News, Va.
And, my BFF, Hans, who I stalked all last year (he taught all the tech classes across the country and I went to most of them)...and no, I don't remember what was so funny.
Thursday morning, we got back on the train, exhausted but excited about all the new things to come.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Wow! It looks like you learned a lot and had a great time too. So glad to hear that you liked the train. I'm thinking my next venture will be on a train too. I'll be contacting you in the near future. Still have a couple of questions for you. Take care.
Very cool. I enjoyed the train in Europe for the same reasons...cheap and relaxing.
What fun... and you got to play with a lot of cool new stuff too!
Glad you enjoyed your train trip... it is definitely a different way to travel!
Post a Comment