My friend, Mary Lea, was one of the instigators with her friend, Beth McKee. It was just about the coolest thing ever.
I had a booth selling fiber stuff...

There was music and dancing and laughter and hulahoops.
I'm telling ya, it was the coolest thing ever. I hope it was the first of many to come.
![]() |
| Photo by Julie Kolischak |
![]() |
| Photo by Julie Kolischak |
![]() |
| Photo by Julie Kolischak |
My buds had booths too...
Hattie selling her incredible metalworks and jewelry...
![]() |
| Photo by Julie Kolischak |
Justi selling her wonderful jewelry...
![]() |
| Photo by Julie Kolischak |
and of course, Mary Lea selling her Day of the Dead fiber arts and jewelry...
![]() |
| Photo by Julie Kolischak |
There was no advertising of the Lala...just word of mouth from us Swamp Sista vendors and performers. Friend to friend through facebook, blogs, and face to face, more than 300 people came out for a good time.
I got to visit with old friends, new friends, friends I see every day and friends I haven't seen for years...very cool.

There was music and dancing and laughter and hulahoops.
I'm telling ya, it was the coolest thing ever. I hope it was the first of many to come.
And...Donations at the gate went to the Eagle's Nest Foundation. They raised enough money to send one child to camp.
See...cool...
.jpg)











3 comments:
Very cool.... I hope you all will continue such a great project and that it grows and grows and grows!
It was fun!!
Yep, it was great in so many ways & for so many!
Post a Comment