How much fun can one girl have in one weekend?
Thursday - picked up Nane and headed for retreat at Montreat. Somehow we missed all the storms and pulled in just in time - set up and started sewing!
I worked on chicken blocks all weekend. These Buggy Barn blocks are going to become a king sized quilt for a friend in California. I'm loving them myself!
Thursday night was dinner at Black Mountain Bistro with Quiltteacher and Quiltkeemosabe. I think we laughed more than we ate.
Friday - I had planned on sewing all day but Theresa informed me that Carolina Foam and Fabric had flannels and I need a flannel for the t-shirt quilt back. So, Quiltteacher and Quiltkeemosabe and I head into Black Mountain again. I found an orange flannel that will work perfect. Then, they "made" me drive to Asheville Cotton Company. I found camping fabric that I thought I could use to bribe my brother into doing some home improvements for me.
It worked. He's coming over in a couple of weeks. How much he gets done will influence how big his camping quilt becomes.
Saturday - We hiked. I hadn't really planned on it because I haven't done much of anything other than walk around the neighborhood since my bike wreck last year and I figured I wouldn't make it to the top because I am out.of.shape...big time.
But we hiked and I made it to the top. Boy, that made me feel good. (Of course, now, I can barely walk - my leg muscles have staged a mutiny.)
We got back to the lodge, ran through the shower and six of us piled into Mrs. Goodneedle's land yacht and headed back to Asheville - first for lunch at Neo Cantina then back to Asheville Cotton Company. The riding arrangement was a little rough on Nane but, hey, gas is $4 so it was worth it. (Easy for me to say...)
Sunday - Nane and I left early and met the husbands at Merlefest. I had never been and David hadn't been in 18 years. It was too much fun - hanging out with friends, watching people, looking at vendor stuff, listening to incredible music. I sat in my lawnchair and heard Scythian, Marty Stuart, Dougie MacLean, Red June, Sierra Hull & Highway 111, and best of all Alison Krauss & Union Station.
The downside - no shade, no hat = fried me. Really. Fried. Even with gobs of sunscreen.
I'll live.
It was beyond worth it.
1 hour ago
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)

5 comments:
Just think how hot the poor guy in Flattop's suit was.
Okay, I think that retreat place looks like somewhere I would never want to leave (gorgeous), and you were in good company. But the killer for me was that you saw (and heard) Alison Krauss. I am beyond jealous!!
A car full o' quilty friends, lots of sewing and road trips to fabric stores, music, festivals... what more could you ask???
Sorry about the sunburn...
So Quiltkeemosabe and I "Made" you go to Cotton Quilt Company on Friday!?!? I believe you were the leader of the pack. But let's think of it this way....Nane sent us on a Starbucks run...... Sounds better doesn't? That's my story and I am sticking to it.
So funny, I just found your blog and what do I find, you have been in Black Mountain, shopped at Cotton Quilt Co, I live in Hendersonville and have shopped often at Cotton Quilt Co, ever tried Foam and Fabric at Fletcher??? Barb
Post a Comment