Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Thoughts

I make a lot of quilts.

A lot.

Most of them are unassigned when I make them.  I'm just making them because I can't seem to help myself and it keeps me from prowling around...

running amok....

reeking havoc...

causing mayhem.

Instead, I'm sitting at a sewing machine usually listening to an audio book, letting my mind run amok.

It's just safer that way.


Occasionally, I'll make a quilt for someone specific...which was what I was doing this weekend.

My best friend from high school has two wonderful daughter's.  The older is getting married this summer to an equally wonderful man.  They sent me their college t-shirts so I could make them a quilt for their wedding present.


What I found as I cut their shirts up and turned them into quilt blocks was that instead of my mind prowling around looking for trouble, I was very focused...

on these two people...


wishing them the best of life together...


praying for their happiness...

and knowing they are grounded in God's love where all things are possible.


5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Looks like a good beginning for them--and that quilt will hold great memories! Great wedding gift!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

"Like." I, too, always find myself praying for the recipient when I know who I'm making the quilt for. I really need to start praying for the recipients when I DON'T!

Impera Magna said...

Best wishes to the soon to be newlyweds! What a great idea for a wedding present... this one will be cherished!

Becky G said...

What a charming couple! The tshirt quilt you are making them will be such a treasure. When you wrote @ praying while you craft the quilt, i just kept thinking as they cover themselves with the quilt, they are also covered in prayer! All good. B

Nane said...

I enjoy making a quilt a little more when I have a loved one/friend in mind. I may bring my stash of shirts to retreat and start cutting!! At least they would take up less space that way.