Thursday, February 16, 2012

Don't Look Ethel!

NAKED BERNINAS!


Monday night I presented a program for our local quilt guild on "Machine Maintenance and Troubleshooting".  I like public speaking as long as I know what I'm talking about and I'm somewhat prepared.  The first time presenting a new program is always a little daunting because you just never know about the timing - too long, too short...or the subject matter vs. the audience - too much, not enough.


So, I was a little nervous giving a new program on something I'm still mastering myself.  But, armed with multiple props, it all worked out.  Since Monday night, I've gotten a lot of positive feedback so it must have been pretty good... even if I did keep my eyes closed most of the time!


7 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Ooooo.... nekkid Berninas! How exciting!

Actually, I'm considering a big bribe to learn how to get my baby nekkid... machinery fascinates me!


:)

Karen Newman Fridy said...

It was an AWESOME program!!! I learned lots :)

GeeMa said...

I'm with you... as long as I am confident in my subject matter, I can teach. Otherwise, I'm the quiet mouse in the corner.

How about a YouTube video on maintenance?

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

...I thought the trick was to picture your audience in their altogether, not the subject matter! I'm sorry I missed it.

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

I had to leave early but I caught the whole big needle, catching the tread in the groove and the loop and matching thread to needle! It was great! I wish I could have stayed to see it all!

Pokey said...

Loved your title, brought back memories! I would like to learn about the workings of my sewing machines, the Bernina, too. I'm sure your class was great.
:-}pokey

Carrie P. said...

I went to my applique bee today and you were the subject for a while. All good things were said. Thanks.