Yesterday was a great day at Sew Original. First, we finished inventory. YAY! Second, we were treated to lunch with a very special customer. Wanda started quilting later in life but she has taken to it like I'm betting she's taken on everything in her life...with reckless abandon. She takes things people give her - fabric, odds and ends, junk and turns them into wonderful things. She makes the most incredible Santa Clauses. I don't believe there is anything she can not do.
Going to her house was a treat. It is decorated to a fare-thee-well. I know people who pay good money to have someone come in and decorate their homes for the holidays and they do not look near as beautiful as Wanda's home. Lunch was yummy - potato soup (my favorite), spinach quiche and chicken/cranberry salad sandwiches. Dessert - citrus bread pudding with Drambuie cream sauce.
Why did she do all this? Because she wanted to thank us for being here and because she has so much fun hanging out at the shop with us.
Oh, Wanda, the pleasure is all ours.
11 hours ago
4 comments:
How thoughtful. Makes me think I should do something nice for all the ladies at my favorite LQS. They are awfully good to me.
What a sweet and kind thing for her to do; a real treat for all of you!
That was a wonderful treat from a special person.
Happy New Year, Lisa!!!!
That was so nice of her.....is she in the picture?
Post a Comment