Monday, January 2, 2012

Birthday Surprises

A couple of nights before my birthday, we were sitting in the living room and both realized neither one of us had checked the mail that day.  So, David went to the door to get the mail (our mail box is on the house right outside the front door).  Suddenly, he says "what the...!!" and I look up and he's half hanging off the side of the stoop.  (Our front porch isn't big enough to be called a porch.)

He said he saw something floating down the hill right at him.  It was a pink balloon.  A pink Happy Birthday balloon.

Happy Birthday to me from the universe!

Is that weird or WHAT?

The next birthday surprise wasn't weird but fun just the same.  A get a text from my DH letting me know he's made a reservation at the Chop House for New Years Eve to celebrate my birthday.  I was surprised just by that - he's usually not one to go make plans for outings without prodding or input.  I was right proud of him!

Then, we got to the restaurant and the table was for six, not two!  He had called Quiltkeemosabe and Mr. Q and Nane and Go Postal to join us!  I can't tell you how tickled I was that he put this little celebration together for me!

It was the best of birthdays!


5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Sounds like Mr. Stitcher put the HAPPY into Happy Birthday for you this year. What a sweetheart. Hope your day was an extra special one! Oh, and the birthday balloon from the Universe? Mr. Stitcher sure has a lot of clout. WOW! I'm impressed.

Janet O. said...

What a great birthday surprise! Fun to share the celebration with good friends.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Oh this is so happy for me to read!! He should get triple brownie points for that!

Home tomorrow night --- let's do lunch soon!

Love ya!

Carrie P. said...

Happy belated birthday. That is so cool about the balloon. Glad you had the best birthday ever. Hope you have best 2012 ever too.

Teresa said...

Happy birthday! That is weird about the balloon. What a sweet hubby you have to have planned the birthday surprise.