Friday, December 2, 2011

Deck the Halls!



The Sawtooth Center for Visual Art in Downtown Winston-Salem has an annual fundraiser called Deck the Halls where local artists, well, deck the halls with their wares. I participated a few years ago but let the deadline to apply slip by me for the last two. Karen basically kicked me in the behind to get my application in this year. So I did and I got in.


Last night Karen and I went to the opening gala - yummy food, wine and lots of eye candy. I had planned on putting in mostly little things - wallets, yoga bags, table runners and a couple small quilts but they called me and asked for some larger quilts.


And here comes the Sally Field in me....


They like me...


They really like me!

It was too fun to walk around and see all the really cool things folks make. (No, I didn't just stand there are narcissisticly look at my own quilts...really, I didn't.)

Karen is on the faculty at Sawtooth so I enjoyed meeting cool people all night and egging each other on to buy stuff. At the exit of the gallery, there was a Ben & Jerry's stand offering free ice cream in festive holiday flavors.

Our choice?


I mean...really...how could we not?



4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

I love arts and crafts shows... and one where they give out free Ben & Jerry's? Has to be the best thing going...

I'm glad your lovely quilts are in demand... they deserve to be... the quilts certainly add to the ambiance!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Hey, they LOVE you!!! You'd best be dropping by some additions...the halls are just waiting for more!

Opening night was a blast! And that ice cream was the bomb-diggity. :D

Janet O. said...

They should like you--those are lovely quilts. Beautiful designs, warm and inviting colors--what's not to like? And ice cream, too? Perfect night!

Unknown said...

You know that I am so tempted to write a comment about the ice cream, but I don't think it would be appropiate to post that kind of stuff on other peoples blogs. I am sure you can probably think of where I could go with it, though. One of my all time favorite skits.