Sunday, January 2, 2011

Reclaiming Territory Part I

I'm a pack rat.


I come from a long line of pack rats.


It's a battle every day because I'd rather sew than clean. Who wouldn't?...well, I know one person who it's probably a toss up and it's thanks to her that I have any hope at all of fighting my hoarder tendencies.


It's been almost 3 years since the big clean up and since we're doing the program for a guild this week, I thought I'd tidy up a bit.


The good news is it only took my about 3 hours...a big improvement over the several months it took me and Laura the first time we reclaimed my studio.


It's not as pristine as when Laura and I did it together. The tote bags are taking over again and I have UFOs in baskets on the floor.


But it's not bad.


The bad news is there were way more UFOs running amok in there than I thought. So, I made a list. I'm going to put it on my side bar and check them off as they are completed. I am going to try really to not buy anything else until the majority of these are done.


Notice I'm not making any promises.

I know my limitations.

12 comments:

Cornbread and Beans Quilting said...

What a nice studio you have! It looks super organized, I would love sewing there =) Good luck on tackling all the UFO's, we in quilty blog land support you! LOL

MJMR said...

I now don't feel so bad about all MY UFOs. Maybe a few found on both lists (yours & mine) will be finished this year.

Nane said...

My studio (albeit with tons of potential) is a dissaster right now. I am going to take a shovel to it before the sew day on the 29th. I need to do a UFO inventory and really only keep things I think I will finish. Gonna follow your lead on this one!

Needled Mom said...

I like your idea!! It will be fun to see the UFOs being checked off.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

WOW!!! Love your workspace! It is so you! It just looks like a place I'd wanna be.....some people say the kitchen is the heart of the home, but for a quilter, it's the studio!

Bonnie

Unknown said...

Don't you want to come to straighten up my disaster area, ummm, I mean studio, next!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

OK... I have to admit that some of my obsessive compulsive tendencies with order tend to impact productivity... it's a curse I tell you!

Your sewing space looks positively wonderful!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love organizing! And don't you feel great now that it's all done and ready for you to start out the new year! blessings, marlene

Anonymous said...

Girl I am going to make Bruce look at those pictures. It looks great!! So when do we start that new block of the month??HAHA

Becky G said...

You are an inspiration! Thanks for putting it out there... and really, a lovely space... warm and inviting and yummy colors.

Leeanne said...

What a fantastic look, sew cosy and inspiring.

Tipper said...

I think it looks good-really good!! A list always makes me feel more in control-I love crossing things out : )