A friend posed the question to me yesterday on how my first week of "freedom" was. My answer was "I am a woman with options".
Yes, there is that possibility of an opportunity with another engineering firm. It is like a big sigh of relief that someone wants me.
But for now...
I am weighing my options.
I have always wanted a sabbatical...and now I have one. There are things I want to do during this time in between what was and what will be...or what could be...
or what I could never imagine could be...
What I've seen in the last 24 hours:
I have stuff to offer. Here's Sew Original's booth at the show this weekend. See that little monster quilt? I did that. Designed it, drafted the pattern and put it in a little Ziploc bag. People bought them...all of them.
'
'
I got more where that came from.
'
'
Then, I met this guy at the show. He left "corporate world" to live the dream. Go look at his website. You will see some beautiful things there. I want every quilt barn photo he's done.
'
What if he had not followed his heart?
'
What if I don't?
'
'
'
Then...
'
'
See this?
It's one of the stained glass windows at the church where we had our officer's retreat this weekend.
'
See this?
I could do something with that.
'
Yeah, God's been throwing too many things in my path for me to just jump back into the engineering world just yet.
'
Yes, I could panic.
Yes, I could go right back in and do what I've always done.
Yes, I could go for the bird in the hand.
'
But for now...
'
I think I'll chase the two in the bush.
'
6 comments:
I can see what you mean by that window! Just too tempting.
And the patterns might have shown you a way you want to follow for giving yourself more pleasure in serving others, because that is what you'll do when you design patterns. And, remember, there was only a part-time job involved!? Just give it alll a try, and it will crystalize out.
Love, Irene from Amsterdam.
God doesn't close a door without opening a window... maybe it's one made from stained glass? Hmmm...
You're one courageous lady and I applaud your bravery through all of this indecision and opportunity. Pray.
I'm so glad you are "a woman with options!"
Congratulations on selling out your monster quilt pattern this weekend! That's just plain wonderful!!!
Yes its great to have options! You have obviously a great professional reputation and in this economy what a blessing.
You go girl! :) blessings, marlene
Looks like so many good options! I do miss seeing you.
Post a Comment