Let's see...
1. Create the last two labels for the Djembe Quilts.
Yep, created them. but I had technical difficulties with my "Printed Treasures" (an oxymoron I'm beginning to believe) and didn't have a spare sheet to print them out. But...creating them is a big step...

2. Draft a new poster for the NC Quilt Symposium Board.
This I did. It took most of the day. I'm happy with it though. I even posted it to the yahoo group so the rest of the Board could comment on it. So far, the Pres and VP like it so I'm on the right track.


1. Create the last two labels for the Djembe Quilts.
Yep, created them. but I had technical difficulties with my "Printed Treasures" (an oxymoron I'm beginning to believe) and didn't have a spare sheet to print them out. But...creating them is a big step...

2. Draft a new poster for the NC Quilt Symposium Board.
This I did. It took most of the day. I'm happy with it though. I even posted it to the yahoo group so the rest of the Board could comment on it. So far, the Pres and VP like it so I'm on the right track.

3. Create labels for the silk tie quilts.
Done...at the expense of 2 sheets of "Printed Treasures". My printer and this so called "Treasure" have decided they do not like each other. The fabric paper curls as it enters my printer thus gathering all the built up nasty ink along the way, causing smudges. I finally got three labels that were okay but then the blasted paper won't peel off the back of the "treasure". I didn't used to have this trouble with this paper so I'm disappointed. Anyone have suggestions on a different brand to try? I think I'm done with "Printed Trash...uh, Treasure".
4. Get the binding done on the last tie quilt.
Yeah! Done! Not only sewn on but whipped back too. Now all I've got to do on these three is applique the labels.
5. Draft my friend's paper.
Well...I thought about it a lot. I even brought it home with me from the office. I might hit it a bit today. It's a max of 10 pages with photos and he's got a lot of photos (thank goodness)!
6. Applique the rest of the labels to the Djembe quilts.
Didn't touch them. I got sidetracked by my husband's birthday gift to me...which he picked up today. It's cool. Your wear it on your wrist and there's a little doodad you put in your shoe and it keeps track with your walks/runs. You can then plug it into your computer and it downloads to the Nike site and you can keep track with your progress. I may have to give it a test drive today.

7. Go to the UPS Store.
Didn't make it. I forgot I had to go by Karen Gray's to pick up some fabric and thread and by the time I got back, the UPS Store was closed. (Who closes at 3:30 on a Saturday? UPS does.)
8. Take down the Christmas tree.
Nope. It's still up. It still has decorations on it. I think I'm going to take Karen's suggestion and just put some hearts on it for Valentine's Day.
So...here's what else I did that made me not finish what I needed to finish:
1. Had lunch with my husband in my office ...after he had picked up my car and taken it to get it washed and vacuumed. He gets bonus points for that.
2. Went to the grocery store to get Shelby some wet dog food so she could take some meds from the vet. Then I fed her holding the little bowl in my hand because she gobbled the stuff up like a wolf...then I used a baby spoon to help her get the last bits. I don't know why everyone thinks my girl is so spoiled.
3. Talked to my mom on the phone who got a note from LauraQuilts... which put us on the subject of Laura's yellow dog Jack who passed away last week... which got us both to crying... my mom who has always said she doesn't like dogs. (she must have changed her mind along the way somewhere. see?)
4. Held Shelby till we both fell asleep.
I'm okay that I didn't get my list done.
5 comments:
You got all the important things done... the rest will wait for you.
Love the step-counter thing your DH got you... will have to look for one!
The pedometer (or whatever Nike calls theirs) is very cool. I am DONE with PT too; unfortunately, I don't have an alternative yet. On na good day I am lucky to get one good label out of three of four discards and it's just too darned expensive to be throwing that much out... so, you're not alone. Misery loves company, or so they say. We need to invent our own.
Sounds like a VERY productive day to me!
I haven't had that problem with PT, BUT...you can back any fabric with freezer paper cut to 8.5 x 11 and run it through your printer. Just heat set it with a hot iron really well after the ink dries.
Well, you still got some things done. Hey I like the idea of putting hearts on your Christmas tree. Then you can put Easter eggs on later.
Hope nothing bad is going on with Shelby. It is hard when your pup is sick.
So sorry to hear about Jack.
Post a Comment