Here's a quick review...
Last weekend, Friday night we went to our first W-S Dash game in the new stadium.

It was a blast. Parking wasn't too bad. It was a pleasant night weather wise and the company was great. Members of the WS Ski & Outing Club plus kb and bb. The team lost but who cares. It's really all about hanging out with friends and the between innings entertainment.


Then Saturday, I met Julie, a high school & college buddy in Greensboro to try out the Atlantic & Yadkin trail. It's a nice paved trail that links several parks and lakes and for the most part follows an old railroad bed.

We had a fabulous time even though I fell about 7 miles out when my gear slipped going up a hill. (Note to self: put an emergency kit in my bike bag.) I scraped my knee pretty good but other than that, no problems. We went a little further, then headed back to the cars. We got (somewhat) cleaned up and met two high school friends for a late lunch at Village Tavern.
It was a great day. (I look like I've been on a 15 mile bike ride, while Julie (also in a fuchsia shirt) looks great. How is that fair?!)

Last week at work was extremely busy. We had a trade show in Greensboro which ate up days and we had a BIG proposal opportunity. I was BUSY.
Yesterday was the Greensboro Relay for Life event. My husband is President-Elect of the NC Society of Surveyors. He's in that position a year earlier than he expected because Sherie, a fellow surveyor, had to step down from her position last year (causing him to step up) because she found out she had cancer. She would have been the first female president to NCSS and it was a hard decision for her to make. It has been amazing to see these guys rally around her, encouraging her, helping her with her business (she owns her own surveying firm) and keeping her involved even though she can't physically be there very often.
When the guys found out she had cancer, they decided to form a team in her honor and participate in the Greensboro Relay for Life event. It was amazing. The team raised over $10,000. I raffled one of my quilts and raised over $1500 to help out the team. We had a dozen folks walking for our team yesterday including Sherie, her husband and her sister.

It was hot. It was a long day. I am sunburned. I have blisters on my feet.
It was worth it...every step.
5 comments:
Time does fly when you're having fun, you are one busy lady these days! Happy to read about all your fabulous activities and especially your successful fund raising for your relay team... way to go!
Fun days, thanks for sharing them with us. Congrats on your quilt raising so much for the cause!
I want to check out that rails to trail sometime! Your team did great, Relay is a moving night even if you aren't rallying around a friend. I know it meant the world to her.
That trail looks like a cool place!
Y'all did an awesome job with the relay...truly inspiring :)
Congrats on your quilt raising so much for the cause!
free classified india
Post a Comment