Saturday, May 22, 2010

Wimpy! Wimpy! Wimpy!

Yesterday I had a meeting in downtown Charlotte. To make up for that misfortune (nothing against Charlotte really except the traffic, the confusing highway system and the fact I'm just not cool enough to hang out in Charlotte), I took a side trip to Mary Jo's. I needed (yes, needed) more purple owl fabric for the borders of a quilt.

Here comes the first wimpy...

I get a 4 yard cut, a 1 yard cut and 3 half yard cuts. That's it. When I pull it out of the basket to hand to the lady at the register...I get a cramp in the palm of my right hand.

It hurt.

Now, I the muscles in my right hand and thumb are strained...not to the point that I can't sew but it's annoying.

Go ahead...say wimpy one more time.

I biked today.
I hiked today.

And the thing that hurts the worst is an injury by fabric.

Maybe I need to add some stress ball exercises to my routine?

4 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Oh,you poor thing! I've had a bunch of leg/foot cramps at night lately and somebody told me to put a bar of soap in the bed and I did and this cut down considerably. But the HAND! Oh, DEAR!!!

Nane said...

Yeah...like when I fell one time on a ski trip and banged up my head. It wasn't on skiis but walking down a side walk. Oh Well, however you got hurt hope it heals quickly!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

um...quilt till ya wilt! That's what I always heard...

(hope you're feeling better!)

prashant said...

I love this post.
free classified india