Thursday, April 30, 2009

Off on an Adventure

This morning my mom and I are heading out on an adventure. A month or so ago, my Savannah cousin invited all the female relatives to her beach house in north Florida. The plan was we would leave early Friday morning and drive straight through but my dad was worried about me driving so far without a break. (He doesn't remember that a couple of years ago I drove from Cape Cod to home, a 14 hour trip, by myself without stopping except to fuel up. But he's my dad so I do what he says.) So, as an early Mother's Day treat, at the last minute, I finagled an extra day off work and we're going to drive to Charleston today, walk around, stay in the historic district and leave for Florida in the morning.

I've been trying to take my mom somewhere, just us, for a year and now is our chance. My mom loves Charleston and I've never been. (I know, as a born and cornbread fed Southern girl, that is inconceivable but it's true.) My mom and I rarely get time to ourselves so this little side trip is a big deal.

On Friday morning, we'll join the rest of the clan and another adventure will begin. Knowing this group of wild women, there is no telling what we're getting ourselves into.

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Enjoy every moment, I hope you get a chance to run in to PP&Q while you're in Chas'ton.

Tipper said...

Oh I hope you have a fantastic trip!!

Carrie P. said...

Hope you and your mom are having a great time.