Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Little Help from my Friends...

I know I am blessed with many things.


But the best blessings are the friends that come running when I get myself in a tight spot.


I'll tell you the story of these seven quilts soon...I promise.



But yesterday...


My day started with a dash across the state at 6:30 a.m., a 4 hour meeting beside the Great Dismal Swamp and a dash back across the state (when I say dash I mean 80 mph on rural eastern NC backroads) trying to get back to the office by 7:00. We got back at 7:05ish...making me late for my own binding party and the boss man on-time for his soccer coach meeting. (We love our jobs, we really do but sometimes they do interfere with the more important things in life.)


We walked in the office and all my buddies were binding away (which impressed the boss man quite a bit).




Two hours later, my quilts were finished. Thank you Sharon, MC, Carolyn, Mrs. Z, LauraQuilts, Quiltkeemosabe, Nane and Mrs. G. What would I do without you?

12 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'm not even working in your photo, and looking ever-so-dubious, too. Oh, dear! It was a pleasure to assist on this fantastic project!

Quilting Memories said...

Looks like a good group of friends to have, wish I could have been there to help.

Nane said...

Stitching the binding down for a quilt was at least something I completed that day...so much of my days seem to be one pointless meeting after antother and nothing to show for it. I can't wait to hear how these go over!

Carrie P. said...

Aren't friends great. Always there for you in a pinch.

Karen Newman Fridy said...

I'm sorry I couldn't be there...I would have much rather been snuggled up under a quilt stitching binding than freezing my hiney off at baseball. At least they won!

Teresa said...

Sounds like a nice time for your friends as well. I always enjoy sitting around, sewing and chatting with my friends. Congratulations on your ribbons in the quilt show. I have the pattern for the Southern Album - its on my someday list.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a productive FUN group! Miss you all!

Tipper said...

Sounds like you've got some pretty terrific friends!

Michele Bilyeu said...

What a fabulous group! And how nice to 'meet' another Salem Stitcher...although I'm across the US in Salem, Oregon ;)
Quilter, purple ribbon, great sense of humor, lovely family, amazing quilts...what a fun read! I'll be back!

StitchinByTheLake said...

There's nothing that compares with quilting friends - they are truly the salt of the earth. blessings, marlene

Carrie P. said...

I just wanted to let you know that everytime I try to respond to any comment you have made on my blog it comes back to me as an invalid mailbox. I am not sure what is going on but I did want you to know that I was not ignoring your comments. I sent a email to work but you must not have gotten it either. Carrie P.

black bear cabin said...

how awesome...can you send em to my house now :)