Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Grateful Weekend

This weekend was spent, as every Easter weekend, at the beach house. It was wonderful - the weather, the family, the nephews.
Look at these two peas in a pod.




On Easter morning, my mom and I always get up early and head to the peir for the Sunrise Service. For 20 -25 years, it has never rained...it's been so cold, we thought we would freeze to the sand, but no rain. This year was no exception. A bit cold, but beautiful.


Dave and I took off just before lunch so we could get home for another celebration of short. We had tickets to the tour opener of The Dead in Greensboro. He'd never been to a Dead concert so it was an experience for him. The festival in the parking lot was on as usual, which is always fun. (We got to walk around and see just how normal we are in the grand scheme of things.)

The concert? Well...it was beyond great. It'll never be the same without Jerry but it was pretty darn good.

7 comments:

Tipper said...

Glad you had a joyful Easter!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

No wonder you were exceedingly grateful. Happy Easter!

Nane said...

I love sunrise service at the beach, what a fun contrast to end the day with a Dead concert.

Latane Barton said...

I think Easter sunrise service on the beach would be extra special.

Teresa said...

I just love love love NC beaches, my favorite being Oak Island.

Carrie P. said...

Love that first picture of the "two peas in a pod"
Glad you had a beautiful Easter and got to your concert too.

black bear cabin said...

What a wonderful Easter! But on another note... i must admit, im disappointed that theres no photo of the chaos in the parking lot before the dead show! That was often more entertaining than the show itself sometimes :)