Friday, January 23, 2009

Shelby the Great

Shelby had her yearly check up with the vet this week. She was once again deemed canine perfection.

Of course, I already knew that.

So, I thought I'd share a few photos of Her Shih Tsuness to illustrate why she can do no wrong.


Here you see since she was 8 weeks old, she has been a bed hog.

This photo was taken on a quilt retreat. I'd had her 2 weeks and couldn't bear to leave her. So, we smuggled her into camp with us. She slept in her little dog bed on the table beside my sewing machine pretty much all weekend.





From a very little pup, she learned to be a good office dog. She would sleep curled up on that quilt in the floor and if I left my office she would follow me around. If I say "let's go to work", her whole little body wags. I wish I felt that way about going to work all the time!

Actually, we got Shelby at work. A lady in the building had gotten her for her mother but her mother decided she couldn't take care of her. So, the lady brought Shelby into the office to see if maybe someone would want to take her. She brought her into my office and handed her to me (all 2 pounds of her) and I never gave her back. It's one of the best decisions I ever made.

It didn't take much to convince my husband it was the right thing to do.

How could he possibly resist?

She is the best companion. She is most always polite and quiet. I can take her anywhere and she behaves very sweetly. She especially likes going to Sew Original. She loves all the ladies there. Actually, she loves all people. Just don't try to touch me. She's very protective.



She's a great quilting assistant.

She has great taste in fabrics.

But batting just makes her giddy.
Wool batting makes her nuts! I once came home to find I had left the closet door open. She had shredded most of a king size wool batting. She's so cute, I couldn't even get mad at her.


















The best, though, is when I'm doing hand work in my big chair. She curls up on my lap and takes a nap. Life doesn't get any sweeter than that.

8 comments:

Mama said...

That cutie! I think Oscar has a little crush.

Oscar is a cutie, too, but he doesn't quite get the housebreaking thing. grrr

Anonymous said...

She is SOO cute!!! I agree... they are the best companions we could ever have :o)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

And applause... that's when Shelby cracks me up the most... she doesn't do applause! Maybe a standing-O, but certainly no applause. Let's hear it for Shelby, but please... don't clap!

Brenda said...

Very cute,We have a Shih tzu also they are the most wonderful dogs.Your discriptiosn of your Shelby is exactly like our Oreo.
Brenda

Karen Newman Fridy said...

She is one of a kind...and her "Auntie K" loves her almost as much as her mama does... :-)

Nane said...

Yeah for Shelby's good check up...

Carrie P. said...

She is a cutie pie. How can you not love a dog? My dog is my buddy.

ripriprip said...

I always love the pics of Shelby. I can remember when you first got her. She is one lucky doggie to have you for her mama.