Bundled up against the cold of New Year's Day, my mom, Shelby and I walked the beach. I have to share this photo of my mother with her big sunglasses, black baseball cap and black hoodie. I called her "Gangsta Mama". I'd share snappy response and the move she busted but she'd kill me. Just know my mama catches me off guard sometimes. She looks sweet but she'll make you snort out loud and spit your drink out if you're not careful.
This was the view from the back porch on New Year's Day. It was a beautiful weekend and ended up being nice and warm. We spent New Year's through the weekend at the beach with my folks there until Friday. It was nice and relaxing. No where to go, nothing to do but hang out and walk the beach. I love the beach in the winter. Most of the time, there's not another soul to be seen.Though I miss the lake and the solitude I could get there. This place is home to me. If you look real close in the picture, you can see my dad waiting on the back deck...looking for me and my mother. It is a sight I have seen over and over in the past 30 years...one or both of my parents watching for me down the beach as I wander back home.
5 comments:
You are so lucky to have this home in your family . Growing up in Texas we never knew how much fun spending a week at the beach...with nothing really to do could be. As adults we now do...and discussed at Christmas planning another week at the beach for 2009.
Oh, it looks too cold to be a the beach. I like it too when there are not lots of people out there. Such a nice peaceful place to spend the beginning of the new year.
Glad you enjoyed your visit! Seems like a nice place to hang out.
Happy New Year, friend; and many more happy homecomings.
What a great place to ring in the new...how does Miss Shelby like getting sand in her toes? (Max loves it, Lucy is a bit of a priss)
Post a Comment