We had a guild workshop today and it proved to be a very fun day. Twenty-two guild members showed up for the class which is a big turn-out for us. The quilt is called New Orleans Puzzle and was taught by Carolyn Knudson from Virginia. She was an excellent instructor and took her time with those that needed it. Most every one finished their medallion during the class. It was so interesting to see how different they all were just from the color choices.I love how this one is almost blended and is so bright.

The pattern give you a choice of either making the piece square or keeping all the "points" to be used as a table topper...like this one.

This one is mine. I pulled batiks from my stash. My goal is to not buy anything for this quilt. It turned out a lot better than I anticipated.

This one belongs to Soul Sister. She pulled from her stash too and calls this one "Huggy Bear".
You can't tell it from this photo but the background fabric in this one is shimmery. I like how the lightest fabric blends with the background and it looks like a different pattern all together. The whole thing sort of floats. Very cool.
I loved this one. It's so bright and cheerful. The background is multi-colored stars. It is gorgeous!

Don't ya just love taking classes?
11 comments:
Pretty. I love the black/white/ yellow quilt top.
Those are amazing. Glad you shared.
They all look wonderful! I'm glad it went so well. And not much of a UFO left to finish.
Cool stuff! Glad there was such a good turnout. I spent the day tearing my studio apart and rearranging...
They did all turn out great..and to get a top done in a class is also a great thing. The last one would make a good child's quilt...love the bright colors. Glad there was a good turnout.
Wowza! These are just fantastic, y'all done good. ;)
Oh they are awesome. I wanted to come but you know life happens sometimes. I am glad you had a good turnout.
Oh they are lovely..... is the pattern available on line to order?
I would love the chance to go to a class to learn something new. Your pattern is amazing, no wonder a class was needed.
I LOVE this! I LOVE seeing how different colors and personalities make all the quilts so different. Fun!
Beautiful colors and fun in the process....Lani
Post a Comment