Sunday, January 18, 2009

Road Trip!

Here are five happy quilters on a road trip last weekend. Last Friday we all hopped into my land yacht and took off for Statesville for the first ever Quilt & Needlework Extravaganza. Someone (I believe it was these lovely ladies) had the clever idea of taking all the driving out of a shop hop and putting all the shops in one spot. Twenty-five shops had booths and it was a rip-roaring success.

We arrived about 30 minutes after the doors opened and it was already packed. It was so packed, it was hard work getting into the booths. We persevered though. The best part was seeing folks I had not seen in a while. It was like a great big party. We all had a blast. I'm hoping it will become an annual event.

Buy? Did I buy stuff? Oh yeah. BUT, no fabric. I'm trying to only buy fabric for projects I already have in the queue. So, I bought a few little notions, a sweet little sheep pattern and a curvy template thing I need for a class.

Oh, and this gorgeous handmade, Shaker sewing basket. The craftsman was at the show and it was fascinating talking with him about how the baskets are made and the history behind the finishes, etc.

I couldn't help myself. Happy late Birthday to me.

4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love your Shaker souvenir! You're exactly right, it WAS like a great big quilter party! Too much fun...and all under one roof... LIFE IS GOOD!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

That was fun! Thanks for being our driver and photographer!

dixie said...

Oh I am soooooooo jealous that I wasn't able to attend, and to think I use to live 30 minutes from that venue! I heard it was fun and just as you described it. One friend said it was like everyone was suffering from cabin fever and this was the cure!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the shaker basket! But can I just say how Beautiful you look in this Pic!