One of the two guilds to which I belong had a Sew In (Laugh In) today and it was a lot of fun. We had a nice little group of very talented ladies. Beautiful things were being made.
Soul Sister and I had a little corner and she thankfully brought a fan and some tunes. It was the coolest place in the room.

This lovely lady does English paper piecing. A LOT of English paper piecing.
This is the project she brought with her today. There are over 2,000 pieces. Just prepping the pieces would have sent me over the edge.
Soul Sister was prepping perfect circles (using Karen Kay Buckley's perfect circle templates) to use as frog eyes on a sweet little quilt she was working on last weekend. In a moment of giddiness, we decided they looked a lot like "little swimmers".
I was working on sawtooth star blocks for a wedding quilt. Here they are layered up on my design wall. I'm hoping to get the top together tomorrow. The wedding is October 17 so I've got to put a wiggle in it to get it done.
Here's Bonnie putting the binding on her Tobacco Road quilt.
It is gorgeous, isn't it?
These ladies were doing some hand work - hand piecing, hand quilting and knitting. I wish I had gotten a photo of the piece Ms. C was working on there in the middle. It is her own design and it is one of the most gorgeous appliqué pieces I've ever seen. Soul Sister took a picture of it so maybe I can get a copy from her to post.
The best part of guild sew in days is getting to spend a little time with guild members you don't know well or haven't met.
Plus you get to see beautiful quilts like this one and share in the joy of someone getting a project to the next step.
The moral of the story is participate in your guild. It's inspiring and the laughter is good for your heart...plus you might even get a little sewing done.
6 comments:
Looks like you had a good time. Was Carmen appliquing in the hoop or quilting?? Inquiring minds want to know. Also love Laura's "little swimmers"! I'll try to make the next Sew Day.
Looks like a good time was had by all...sorry I missed it!
It looks like a LOT of fun, I'm sorry I couldn't be there. I know y'all had a great time. I fell off the chair onto the floor howling at the photo of those frog "eyes"... ouch, it only hurts when I laugh!
Wish I could be home to attend some of the sew ins,since we are coming home the end of this month, maybe if there are any between now and the end of the year I can attend, I hope so, I do envy your good times. See you soon,I hope!
Bobbin
I wish I could have been with you all...I was triple booked on Saturday! Looks like lots of progress was made!
I came by to say hello!! I LOVE your pictures and thank you for sharing! You all look so happy and having a great time! God Bless You!
Post a Comment