We just returned home from a long weekend at the beach with the family....which consists of me, Dave, Shelby, Mom & Dad, the 2 nephews, my "adopted" brother, LL, his wife and their son. I, of course, left the camera plugged into the computer at home so, alas, no pictures from the weekend. The beach pretty much looked like this.It was HOT. I don't do HOT. I ventured out at 6:00 a.m. and at 8:00 p.m. and that was it. The rest of the time I sat by the window listening to the waves crash and stitching away while Shelby snoozed at my feet. This was, of course, in between bouts with wild little boys doing hysterical things like streaking through the house wearing nothing but a towel...which was being used as a cape, not a covering....or stomping through the living room singing "bomp bomp bomp...another one bites the dust"... or begging Aunt Sisa to please fix me a jelly sandwich on circle bread (which is a hamburger bun for those of us not used to speaking 5-year-old).
I did manage to get a lot of hand work done. I finished the binding on 2 quilts, finished stitching 3 wool blocks of the month and finished 1 .5 Nice People Nice Things stitcheries. (I'll post pictures later.)
Which was the best part? Never knowing what those little boys would do or say next to make you cry laughing...but knowing that laughter was going to happen any minute and often.
8 comments:
Using a towel as a cape....now there's a thought. I can still remember my Mom telling me that now I was 5 I had to wear a shirt even in the backyard...
Sittin by the window watching the beach and sewing... my kinda vacation!
I'm looking forward to little boy antics in the near future... what a fun weekend for you all!
That little boy is precious, I know you enjoyed every minute of your time together...What better way to vacation than with family, Sounds great to me....Our time at the beach will be next month, with DH, Sister, BIL and Brother and SIL, I can hardly wait....Thanks for all the comments on my blog. I still have 8 Quilt Shops to post about, I sure am getting behind...
Bobbin
AWWWW! Your weekend sounded sooooo nice!!! Being in a place that looked so peacefull!!! The pictures are wonderful (little boy)!! Very cute!! Thanks for sharing..I love coming over and reading what goes on in your life. Have a wonderful day!! ((SMILE))
Aren't little guys the best?
Can't wait for your show and tell of what all you got done!
I have never heard of a hamburger bun being called "circle bread". Cute, cute, cute!
Sounds like fun-I love the circle sandwhich part!
Post a Comment