One of our guild members sent me the link for this incredible quilt at the National Museum of American History. I thought you all might like to see it too. It is unusual and stunning!
Fascinating, 1876! I had to laugh when I read the part that referred to astrological studies as being "acceptable" for women. We've come a LONG way. It's over 130 years old and looks like it is very much a contemporary quilt.
3 comments:
Fascinating, 1876! I had to laugh when I read the part that referred to astrological studies as being "acceptable" for women. We've come a LONG way. It's over 130 years old and looks like it is very much a contemporary quilt.
I can't believe it's from 1876! She was ahead of her time...very cool
This is wonderful...so is your blog. I enjoyed scrolling back through some of your other posts. I will be back often!!
Post a Comment