Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sew Day

I should have stayed home today and cleaned up my messy house...or caught up on some sleep...or done some more paper work for the upcoming quilt show....or gone into the shop and caught up on some machines...or any number of very important things that need to get done.

Instead Shelby and I drove out to the country and hung out in Nane's and Go Postal's barn with a few bee members for a sew day.  I just took some applique pieces to prep - a boring job made much more fun when sitting in a room full of friends.


I might not have gotten all those very important things done today but it was a day well spent and much enjoyed.

9 comments:

Janet O. said...

Good idea to take a tedious job to do in the company of friends where the tedium won't be so noticed. What a great quilting space!

Impera Magna said...

A day spent sewing with friends... priceless! The house will be waiting for you when you get home...

Fabulous space for a sew day!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

I was sad not to be there...but I got a lot more dyeing done (and I'm sure Nane wouldn't have wanted that mess there!)

Miss Shelby looks great on the Ketchup and Mustard quilt :)

Becky G said...

Sounds wonderful! A great chance to recharge your batteries.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Hooray! And it appears Shelby had a good time, too!

black bear cabin said...

sounds like a perfectly spent afternoon to me :)

Nane said...

Glad you all could keep me company as I got my show entry done....Banjo reluctantly said Shelby can come back anytime!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Looks like you had a great day; I missed you all this time, Nane always hosts the BEST sew days.

Carrie P. said...

Nothing could be finer than spending time sew and hanging out with friends.