Friday, I had a gazillion things to get done at the shop and as a lot of Fridays go, I didn't get too far. A little after 4:00, I get a call from David. He got home from work early and had an "issue".
The neighbor's dog was outside.
The neighbor is not home.
The dog is an inside dog
a Chinese Crested...you know...
Krull the Warrior King (from How to Lose a Guy in 10 days)
except with less hair...and no plaid.
Poor little guy is terrified and he won't let David near him.
When David calls me, he's gotten Krull (actually I think his name is Tom) trapped on the neighbor's front porch.
He's afraid the little guy will get hit by a car on our busy street...or snatched by the hawk that hangs out sometimes.
I call our former neighbor who rents the house to the guy. She calls the property manager. He calls the renter.
In the meantime, I clean up my mess at the shop and Shelby and I head home. When I pull up, David is still sitting on the neighbor's front porch. I take Shelby in the house, grab some ham and head next door.
Krull/Tom likes ham...but we have to eat two slices before I can get close enough to pick him up.
Now what?
We check all the doors and find one that's open.
Krull/Tom is ecstatic...leaps from my arms and into the safety of his sanctuary.
An hour later, the neighbor calls and we tell him all is well.
I just wish I could have remembered to take a picture of my big, burly husband sitting on that porch step trying to make friends with that tiny, hairless dog.
How many guys do you know that would spend an hour or so sitting on a concrete step after a long week just to protect someone else's unappreciative dog?
Yep, he's that kind of guy.
11 hours ago

11 comments:
Sounds like DH is definitely a keeper. What a story. : )
Ahhh... a kind man with his heart in the right place... glad the neighborhood hawk didn't get Krull/Tom!
Yup. A keeper.
I know he is a big softie, and especially for a certain little dog that thinks she is a person. No wonder he wouldn't want to see any harm come to your neighbor's dog too.
How sweet of your hubby.
Such a good guy.
Yes, he's that kind of guy.....
Recently I read somewhere "One can take the measure of a person by how they treat animals and small children." David is a jewel! Love this srory. B
Awwww...standing ovation!!!!! What a hero :) Glad the little fellow got back in his home safe and sound.
Loved This! Started laughing just from the Krull-piccie -- but as the story went on....girl you are hilarious..and the story was priceless....
Bonnie
He's definitely a HERO; loved this story, I love all stories with happy endings~ :)
Post a Comment