Thursday, March 29, 2012

An Afternoon at the Library

Yesterday I had the opportunity to do a talk on "The History of Quilts in North Carolina" at the Lewisville Library.   The was a pretty good turn out and I had a blast both giving the talk and preparing for it.  Most of my information came from North Carolina Quilts.



If you haven't read it, it's worth the time.  The stories are fascinating and the quilts are inspiring.  So much so, that I've been re-inspired to work on a project I have put aside for too long now.

If not now...when?

4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I posted today about "no time like the present" too. I have that book and I LOVE it, remember going to Raleigh to the documentation "show" way back when. Best wishes on seeing your project through to completion!

Impera Magna said...

Very cool.... will definitely have to check out the book! Would love to learn about NC quilt history!

Nane said...

I would have loved to be there...darn this 9 to 5 thing!

Becky G said...

Ditto Nane! But, it is good to have work! Looking forward to seeing your project revisited. B