Thursday, March 22, 2012

Busy Weekend

It's taken me nearly a week to recover from the festivities of last weekend.  Wait...who am I kidding?  I'm not recovered yet!

Last weekend was our guild's quilt show.  Laura and I were co-chairs, though i must admit she did the lion's share of coordination work.  As with all shows, some things went like clockwork and some things were a nightmare.  Luckily, from the outside looking in, all I have heard were positive things about the show.  It did end up being a beautiful show.  How could it not?  We have some of the most talented quilters in our guild.  The quilts were incredible.  Here are a few...

Tim Rickman's original design - a Civil War tribute to New Market



Anna Reich's beautiful sunflowers


Ava Lewandowski's original design for the red & white challenge


Mariana Morgan's Carolina Lilies (hand quilted and you should see her poor fingers!)

Tomoe Minami's "Drooping Cherry".  Her color sense awes me.


And, here are the ones I had in the show...

Southern Star (glad THIS one's finished)


Miniature hexie quilt

Scraps from the miniature hexie quilt


A blog signature block exchange

 A signature quilt from my friend and former neighbor who I miss very much


I also had my monster quilt in there but forgot to take a picture of it.  (Did I mention I was FRIED this weekend?)

In the midst of the quilt show, I also had to be at a N Quilt Symposium Board meeting on Saturday in Asheboro.  It was a long but very productive day.  When I got home Saturday night, we had a dinner for eight gathering at a couple's house.  We just had to show up and eat (thank goodness because I was toast by then).  Everything was incredibly yummy but let me just tell you about the dessert...homemade chocolate cheesecake with white chocolate irish cream sauce on top.  I almost passed out.

Sunday was the last day of the quilt show which is always hectic (you know...with everyone wanting their quilts back for some reason).  By the end of the day, I was not fit for anything and was asleep by 7:00.

Sad.

I've spent this week catching up at the shop and getting a little quilting done.  I have one more hurtle to clear next week then I'll be set to work at the shop and sew when I'm home for a while.

I know...there's always more hurtles to come but a girl can dream, right?

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

All of your quilts are gorgeous!! I love the colors and designs. "Dark & Dirty", as my LQS likes to call them. I call them warm and cosy! : )

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Thank you for sharing your pics and report. I LOVE your granny squares . . .

Karen P. said...

The show was great! You all did a fabulous job. I really liked "Civil War tribute to New Market". The favorite of mine that you did has to be Southern Star. Loved kb's "Plates" as well. Glad we made the drive.

Becky G said...

Yep, it was a really great show in so many ways! Saw quilts i haven't seen before. A couple of folk won ribbons who are relative novices & they absolutely deserved them, so very exciting prospects for the future! Plus, the vendors were really, really great! The bazaar had some great things too. Thanks to everyone! B

Nane said...

It was a great show! I don't think things slow down for me until Black Mt...I am ready to go!

Impera Magna said...

What lovely quilts... and yours are so beautiful! Rest up and get ready for your next adventure...

:)

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Whee! Quilt Show!! :)

(I'm still in recovery mode too. But it was a great show!)