Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Finishes



In between eating and walking on the beach, I did finish three commission quilts. The first two are for two young women in memory o their grandmother. Here they are before the binding.


This one is for the former Director of Christian Education at our church who took another position in another town. The blocks are all signed with notes from congregation members who love her and miss her. The fabrics are Guatemalan because she does lots of mission work. I can't wait to get it to her because I like to think I love her and miss her most, being we lived next door to each other for 11 years.

10 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Amazing quilts, incredible workmanship... remarkable YOU!

regan said...

These quilts are all beautiful! Love the holding hands on the border.

Impera Magna said...

Oh my... how beautiful... all three quilts! What treasures...

^5

Janet O. said...

Three beautiful quilts--all with very special meaning. Wonderful job!

JudyCinNC said...

Wonderful quilts and you certainly deserve kudos for the beautiful work you did. Treasures. Judy C

JudyCinNC said...

Wonderful quilts and you so deserve kudos for your beautiful work. Terrific treasures. Judy C in NC

Becky G said...

What thoughtful & wonderful quilts; they will be treasured I am sure.

Nane said...

Love the people border...did you have to applique all of them? All three will be treasured I am sure. And yeah, some more crossed off the list.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

The photos turned out SO GREAT!! I really love that Guatemalan one with the kids around the border....they are all wonderful!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!